What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
Screen Size.Canvas is best viewed at a minimum resolution of 800×600. If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Windows 7 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
As of January 5, 2019, Android apps require version 5.0 or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS both support the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome
Canvas Browser support
Which browsers does Canvas support?
Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome 72 and 73
- Firefox 65 and 66 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 31 and 32 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Internet Explorer 11 (Windows only—functionally supported; may exhibit slight visual differences from other browsers, but these differences do not restrict product functionality)
- Edge 42 and 44 (Windows only)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 11 and 12 (Macintosh only)