At the August 9 meeting of SLG we discussed:
- the upcoming Kick Off week (August 13-17), when the focus areas for 2019 will be set. More on this in a separate post.
- Anna and I reported back on our mid-year meeting with the PVC where we discussed the health of the school across several areas – finances, student profile, L&T quality indicators and research achievements against targets. Although student numbers are a little lower this year in several areas, there has been a large increase in international students in Early Childhood where we have added more staff on fixed-term contracts. As I have indicated in previous posts, our program quality data (both internal CES and external QILT data) is generally looking positive and trending upward. In terms of research we are tracking to meet most targets, we have challenges in HDR completions and HDR publications.
- a DSC College report on post-graduate programs. Each of the Senior Leaders will be discussing the recommendations in the report with their groups over the coming month, so you can expect to hear more about this.
- participating in a pilot with Marketing to look at new ways to advertise our programs.
- feedback from Bundoora Open Day
- the issue of institutional subscriptions. We will send a brief survey shortly to all staff to find out which professional organisations you subscribe to and where there might be benefit in institutional subscription.
- a central, accessible repository for committee agendas, minutes, rolling action sheets.