AITSL has released the report The rise of online initial teacher education: What do we know? Findings include:
- 26% of ITE students were enrolled off-campus in 2016.
- Most of these students are studying part time, are female, are older, come from low socio-economic backgrounds and from regional or remote areas or outer metropolitan areas
- Entry pathway into online programs is more likely to be via VE than on campus programs.
- 50% of off campus students complete their program compared to 66% of on campus.
- Levels of student satisfaction are comparable compared to on campus programs.
The full report is available here: AIT109_SpotlightDesign_ITEOnline_FNL