As semester two classes commence again this week, please see below an overview of the support that Student Services are offering to all students at RMIT this semester. Also see a recent Yammer promotion and their Online support and care for students site for details.
The support includes:
- financial assistance for students experiencing hardship (this is continuing in semester 2 at least up until census date)
- housing and rental assistance, emergency accommodation and tenancy advice
- health navigation support and referral to Medical Hub as required
- food assistance (vouchers and delivery)
- navigation to community and government support services
- mental health counselling
- social connect (via the Mates program, and also via student clubs and student life activities)
The team have also started to make out-bound ‘welcome and welfare’ calls to international students for semester 2, both onshore and offshore. They are also doing out-bound welfare calls to students who have tested positive or have been exposed to COVID-19. They are offering this proactive support on top of BAU support for students contacting RMIT Connect or via staff contact to the Staff Line.
While the Student Services team focus on student wellbeing and belonging, the Library is working on the digital delivery of learning support for international students using Studiosity and Vygo platforms.