See below details of a great initiative to engage students in promoting mental wellbeing. An email will be sent to all SoEd students this week to invite them to participate. This is a wonderful opportunity for our students and certainly a differentiator for their CV.
Applications are due August 20. Where possible it would be great to make time in publicise this across our programs and there may be courses in which time could be dedicated to working on an application.
Students will join a team of student leaders who will come up with a new, big idea and then implement it to promote positive mental wellbeing and fight the stigma against mental health conditions on campus.
The student team will be supported by RMIT Activator to use the latest in entrepreneurial thinking to design and launch their idea to the uni community in October 2018. Students will also have access to high-quality training and support from experts in the mental health.
We encourage students to apply from VE, HE, all disciplines and modes of study, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, representing all sexualities and gender identities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, and those with a disability.
What’s required of the students?
- They care about enhancing Mental Wellbeing at RMIT and are passionate, creative and driven
- They can attend a interview on 27 August
- They can attend four workshops: 31 August, 9am–5pm 13 & 14 September, 9am – 5pm, 12 November, 9am – 5pm
- They are willing to devote extra hours to launch their group initiative in October
- They are willing to get a free Working With Children Check
Students can apply here.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org