From Monday 4 September 2017 the Service Management Platform (SMP) will be released to DSC for management of student enquiries. College and School Academic Services teams will begin using SMP to receive, manage and track student service enquiries. DSC is the third College to transition to the platform.
The introduction of the SMP is designed to enhance our student experience. Students have been using SMP for some time to lodge and manage their enquiries via the RMIT Connect Portal, hence this will be ‘business as usual’ from a student perspective.
What’s changing after the go-live date?
- Students will continue to lodge their enquiries through the RMIT Connect portal; for School-specific enquiries, students will now be directed through the portal
- Our school academic services team will manage student enquiries through SMP (rather than through emails)
- The College and Schools will be able to generate valuable reports on volume and enquiry types– this functionality is a significant enabler for the DSC 3Ps project. Please visit the 3Ps Project website for more information
What’s happening in the next few weeks before go-live?
- SMP demonstrations have been arranged for all users in Schools
- Technical system training will take place from August 14 – Sep 8 2017
- Drop in sessions and additional training sessions will be arranged post the go-live date of September 4th
Should you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the DSC project manager, Marie Maillart on x51176 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.