RMIT students are invited to form teams to take on on real world problems presented by our Industry Project Sponsors in the RMIT Internet of Things Hackathon. Teams will use PTC’s ThingWorx 8 software – the best-in-class innovation platform for developing no-code industrial IoT applications and Augmented Reality experiences.
Students who register will:
- get hands-on experience with these new disruptive technologies
- gain valuable exposure to industry mentors
- enhance your employment prospects with the latest digital skills
- Valuable prizes – cash, software and services
- Opportunities to quickly scale and transition their hackathon solution to a real business application and derive a commercial benefit
- Potential acceptance into an incubator/accelerator program
- Engagement with startup funding groups and VCs
- Solution commercialisation on PTC’s ThingWorx Marketplace
- Opportunities to become a ThingWorx certified developer
- Opportunities to continue working with Industry Project Sponsors through work placements and student projects
- Media coverage
When and where is the Hackathon being held?
Building 12, City campus, over two periods:
Hack briefing and training: 12 – 13 July
Hackathon: 30 Aug – 1 Sept
Registrations are now open to innovative RMIT students wanting to learn more about the new wave of the Internet of Things, Augmented Reality and the convergence of the digital and physical worlds. Places are limited.