We had a terrific turnout of SoEd staff and students to support Open Day over the weekend. Enthusiasm, good humour and patience were in abundance. My appreciation to all who gave up your weekend to support this event. My special thanks to Tammy, whose calmness, preparation and agility across both days were impressive and much appreciated.
A few stats below:
- RMIT had a total of 11,000+ visitors across both days.
- Visitors spent an average of 13 mins on the site, which, I am assured, is evidence of strong engagement.
- There were 58,755 video views and 3,828 document downloads.
- We received 1,428 chat requests across the University over the 2 days.
- We had 453 responses to the satisfaction survey (13%) with a score of 75% for effectiveness and 76% for ease.
Those who participated will be aware that the chat function did not operate smoothly and sadly few queries made it through to our enthusiastic and well-prepared team. Chaminda Ranasinghe, RMIT’s Chief Marketing Officer, sent the following message last night:
I know that many of our staff will be really disappointed and frustrated at both the technical issues and the lack of direct engagement with students. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that were faced by you and your staff over the weekend. I am very grateful for all of your support, as the overall results are positive.
RMIT has decided to extend the availability of the Open Day website until the end of the month. The chat capability will remain open and will be supported by the RMIT recruitment team.
A review will take place this week and all those who volunteered will be invited to provide feedback.
Once again my thanks to all who participated. While events didn’t play out as we might have hoped, it was, as always, good to spend time time with you and it was great to see evidence of the baking that took place over the weekend while we waited for calls!