The Vice-Chancellor’s Executive has endorsed the following set of principles for returning teaching to campus. Please note these principles apply to Australian campuses delivering VE, HE, Postgrad by Coursework, Sub Degrees and RMIT Training and excludes Urban School and HDR.
For the rest of 2020:
- Courses will continue in an online mode.
- Colleges will develop Action Plans which will determine the offering of specialist classes (labs, studios etc) and other activities (tutorials, seminars etc) on campus, when Government advice permits.
- Lectures will continue in online mode and consideration given to blended/hybrid or other pedagogies where appropriate as described by the College Action Plans.
- College Action Plans will include intensive activities delayed from Semester 1.
- Standard face to face examinations will not run (examinations may only be offered by exception as approved by appropriate DVCs for accreditation).
- With the exception of required specialist classes, if access is not permitted to campus more generally by 7 September (mid semester break), there will be no change in offering.
If you have any questions about our next stage of planning for Semester 2, please contact the Online Learning team.
NB: We will be working with staff across SoEd over the coming weeks to map out what this will look like for all our programs.
Jeff Brooks (Acting Dean, School of Education)