Academic Board recently approved an updated Enrolment policy suite. The policy suite will be published on the Policy Register and take effect from 1 October 2020, aligning with the opening of Enrolment Online for 2021 onshore enrolment.
This policy suite is aligned with the Policy Governance Framework and provides greater clarity and transparency for managing enrolment at RMIT.
The Enrolment Policy is supported by the following procedures:
- Program and Course Enrolment Procedure
- Enrolment Mobility Procedure
- Leave of Absence Procedure
- Program Discontinuation Procedure
- Refund of Fees Procedure
- Remission and Removal of Debt Procedure
The main changes are an expanded scope and restructure of information under the new framework, with few substantial changes to current rules or processes. The suite is built around key themes in the student lifecycle, making information for both students and staff easier to locate. A range of supporting detail has been removed from the suite and repurposed into student-facing webpages, application forms and FAQs to better respond to student needs and improve accessibility. This information supports compliance with the policy suite, under the authority of the Academic Registrar.
Key changes and improvements:
- The scope has been expanded to the RMIT Group, including RMIT Vietnam, RMIT Training, RMIT Online and international partners, providing greater clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- The Refund of Fees Procedure now refers to the Approved Schedule of Fees and Charges as the single of source of truth regarding fees, charges and refunds.
- The Remission and Removal of Debt Procedure aligns eligibility and assessment criteria for remission of debt or refund of upfront tuition fees for domestic, international and full fee paying students, supporting consistency and equity across student cohorts.
If you have any questions, please contact the Academic Policy team via firstname.lastname@example.org