Join the RMIT communications team for this fundamentals session on developing skills to engage with media. We will cover why engaging with media is important, how it can benefit you and your work and where to start.
- Meet RMIT’s communications team and find out how they can work with you
- Hear from the team at The Conversation and learn how to pitch articles
- Hear from your academic colleagues with media experience in a panel discussion and Q&A
- Get practical tips for how to successfully engage with media
- Misha Ketchell, Editor The Conversation
- Josh Gordon, Economics and Finance Editor RMIT ABC Fact Check
- Associate Professor Kate Fox, RMIT College of Science Engineering and Health
- Associate Professor Con Stavros, RMIT College of Business
Following great feedback from 2018, this session is open to all interested academics, especially those who are new to engaging with the media or wanting to build skills in this area.
When: Thursday., 6 June 2019, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Where: City Campus