The newly appointed panel of the Gonski 2.0 review into academic standards is expected to be announced today by Education Minister Simon Birmingham.
David Gonski, the architect of needs-based funding, will chair the review process. The seven panellists are:
- Dr Ken Boston, former NSW and South Australian education chief
- Mr Terrey Arcus, former McKinsey & Company director, established Port Jackson Partners
- Dr Lisa O’Brien, CEO, Smith Family
- Ms Valerie Gould, Exec Director, Western Australia’s Association of Independent Schools
- Dr Lee-Anne Perry, Ex Director, Queensland Catholic Education Commission
- Ms Wendy Johnson, Principal, Glenunga International High School
- Mr Michael Roberts, Exec Director of Schools, Good to Great Schools Australia
Not an ITE expert/educator amongst them…
The Review will report to the Prime Minister and Minister Birmingham by March 2018. It will examine evidence and make recommendations on the most effective teaching and learning strategies and initiatives to be deployed.
Further information about the Review and panel members is available at https://www.education.gov.au/review-achieve-educational-excellence-australian-schools