The meeting of the Global Working Group this week focused on global experiences for students. A brief summary of our discussion is included below. If you are interested in any of these issues/activities, please follow up with the relevant people.
- A number of successful student mobility experiences took place in 2018/early 2019. Terrific reports have been received from staff coordinating these, with several overseas partners requesting more students/graduates to employ. Student feedback has also been positive. Well done to all involved.
- The working group is scoping out research on students’ experiences of global mobility. Ethics approval has been granted. Jo, Jason and Mel to lead this work.
- Consideration of the financial model to support global experiences for students when NCP or Endeavour funding is not available.
- Craige Proctor, Urban School International Coordinator, will be invited to join the working group
A reminder that the SoEd Student Global Mobility Coordinator is Jason Wong. In his role Jason:
- Oversees student global mobility initiatives within the School of Education.
- Guides staff leading global mobility initiatives follow University policy, procedures and logistics.
- Facilitates cultural awareness training for staff and students participating in global mobility initiatives
- Connects staff and students involved in global mobility initiatives to University resources.
- Mentors and provides advisory support to staff members on the design and assessment of global mobility experiences
If you have ideas you’d like to explore for student experiences/exchanges either overseas or in remote areas of Australia, please contact Jason.