For the last year Kathy L and Elena have been the SoEd belonging leads. Along with Al as our Reconciliation facilitator they have represented us at College and University meetings and supported our work across these important areas. They have achieved some wonderful outcomes across our programs. It’s great that the work has been recognised with a teaching award for Al and Uncle Mik. My thanks to all for the good work they have done.
To continue to support the Belonging priority we are seeking EOIs for the role of School Belonging Lead for 2020. We hope to appoint one lead to work at Bundoora and one to work on the City campus. Each role will receive an allocation of 0.1 (half a day a week). Expressions of interest are now invited for these roles, closing Wednesday February 12. Please send your EOI outlining your interest in the role to Ronnie.
Al will continue in his role as Reconciliation Facilitator, but we will be looking to share the load later in 2020.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to L&T innovation, wellbeing programs, and build leadership capability. The Belonging Leads will be involved in the following activities:
- Develop, co-ordinate and manage the implementation of a School Belonging plan
- Report on the School Belonging plan and measures
- Participate actively in the community of practice
- Develop & disseminate best practice case-studies
- Provide curriculum support to programs
- Contribute to the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching outcomes through the sharing of best practice at internal or external forums
- Undertake program relevant and school audits to inform belonging plans
School specific planning and co-ordination support
- Curriculum mentoring activity
- Designing extra and co-curricula activities and experiences e.g. discipline specific clubs
- Liaison across other University support areas
If you want any further information about the role please don’t hesitate to be in touch with me.