The Urban School finished the year on a high with a Reflection Day and lunch. It was goof to take time to celebrate with colleagues the many achievements of the Urban School in 2019 including:
- the innovative and successful pilot expanding student choice across VE, HE and microcreds (well done Trav and our enthusiastic collaborators across RMIT who made this happen)
- a strong uplift of 8% on the Good Teaching Scale
- an 18% increase in student retention
- the implementation of learning mentors (many thanks Trish and all the mentors)
- the introduction of the new Urban School Careers & Pathways site (thanks again Travis!)
- further integration of our MTP pre-service teachers into the school, including a visit for two students to our school in China (thank you Craige!)
- amazing staff survey results, with 100% of Urban school staff indicating you like the work you do and are proud to work at RMIT
Strong leadership in the school has enabled us to achieve these results. Our Year Level Coordinators and Discipline Leads have done a wonderful job. Craige and Travis have picked up program management responsibilities and kept us moving forward seamlessly. Tricia, as always, has led with vision and passion.
Congratulations all on a great year! I am looking forward to continuing our good work in 2020.