Today we held the first of a series of Celebrate RMIT events to mark 130 years of dedication to quality, industry-based education at RMIT. The Bundoora campus had free food, a roaming Mariachi band and good weather. Snapped in conversation were Kate Lorkin, Grant Cooper and our VC.
There are events planned at Brunswick campus tomorrow and On Wednesday RMIT is celebrating our 130th birthday, together with the official opening of the New Academic Street re-furbishment of the City campus.
- Our Vice-Chancellor and the Lord Mayor, Robert Doyle, will officially launch the new spaces in a ceremony outside Building 8 on Bowen Street at midday
- A showcase of how the NAS construction project has been used as a Work Integrated Learning opportunity (in the Megflex in Building 8, level 4)
- The Urban Animators: Living Laboratory Public Art Program will be holding one final exhibition during CelebrateRMIT, displaying a selection of pieces (throughout the footprint)
- Live music will be performed by RMIT talent across the NAS precinct – including a Jazz stage in Building 8, level 3
- An installation prepared by RMIT Archives, showcasing relics and stories from the past (in Building 8, level 4)
After two years of construction works, returning Bowen Street, the Swanston Library, the new Student Portals, RMIT Connect and the Media Precinct to students and staff is a significant milestone.