We are calling for a new Belonging Lead in the Urban School for 2019.
As you know Student Belonging is now a core University priority. To support this priority the SoEd school allocated School Belonging Leads in 2018 – Mel Reynolds, Kathy Littlewood and Michelle Parente. With Mel’s move to the VE school in the new year we have an opportunity for a new Belonging Lead to join the team. The position has a 0.1 workload allocation.
Staff who wish to nominate should let me know by the end of the week. Adjustments to workload will be made accordingly.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to L&T innovation, wellbeing programs, and build leadership capability. Student Belonging Leads will be part of a University-wide community of practice and be involved in the following activities:
- Develop, co-ordinate and manage the implementation of a School Belonging plan
- Report on the School Belonging plan and measures
- Participate actively in the community of practice
- Develop & disseminate best practice case-studies
- Provide curriculum support to programs
- Contribute to the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching outcomes through the sharing of best practice at internal or external forums
- Undertake program relevant and school audits to inform belonging plans
School specific planning and co-ordination support
- Curriculum mentoring activity
- Designing extra and co-curricula activities and experiences e.g. discipline specific clubs
- Liaison across other University support areas