The three-hour session focuses on:
- Understanding why RMIT is focusing on student mental wellbeing.
- Clarifying role expectations and limits in assisting distressed students.
- Knowing when to be concerned, how to take action and who’s there to support.
- Learning essential conversation skills and share the strategies that work for you.
- Understanding the importance of self-care in staff when supporting students.
The Assisting Students in Distress workshop is running four times this semester – August 25, September 23, November 17 and December 8.