A reminder that alternative assessments for Semester 2 should be approved and shared with students as soon as possible. Alternative assessments are to be approved and communicated to students no later than Friday 28 August, unless approved by your Associate Dean, Discipline.
Course Coordinators intending to use alternative forms of assessment can:
- discuss proposed changes with the Program Manager to ensure course and program integrity is maintained
- assessment changes must be documented and approved by the relevant Associate Dean
- complete the college-specific Alternative Assessment Form once changes are approved (forms can be found below for DSC)
Please note that:
- RMIT cannot change the assessment type described in Part A of the course guide, only the assessment task described in Part B of the course guide can be amended.
- Alternative assessment tasks must be equivalent, assess the same learning outcomes and meet any regulatory or professional accreditation requirements.
Course Coordinators having difficulty with these considerations should contact their respective DPVC L&T or Centre for Academic Quality and Enhancement for guidance and support.
College of Design and Social Context – Alternative Assessment Form