The Horizon Report focuses on the trends, technologies, and practices shaping the future of teaching and learning in tertiary teaching and learning.
Amongst the trends discussed are social (wellbeing, demographics, equity); technological (AI, digital platforms, analytics); economic (HE costs, future of work and skills, climate change); HE (demographic changes, alternative pathways, online learning); and political (decrease in funding, the value of HE, declining support, political polarization).
Emerging technologies and practices for teaching and learning are explored. These include:
- Adaptive Learning Technologies
- I/Machine Learning Education Applications
- Analytics for Student Success
- Elevation of Instructional Design, Learning Engineering, and UX Design in Pedagogy
- Open Educational Resources
- XR (AR/VR/MR/Haptic) Technologies
The report uses this work to develop a series of scenarios and implications essays.